Friday, May 02, 2008

Short-Term Memory Loss

This morning when I turned off the tv Noah screamed at me and threw one of his toys at the tv - so I put him in time-out and he tried to hit me.  We went through the usual routine.  I told him why he was in time-out and set the timer for 4 minutes.  He screamed for a minute or two then said he was sorry and wanted to get out of the chair.  I wouldn't let him.  When the buzzer went off I went to have the little chat we always have before he can come out.  Here's how it went today:

Mom:  Noah why did mommy have to put you in time-out?
Noah: Ummm...(he scrunches up his face, like he's thinking really hard)...this is a tricky one mom.

Right.  Very confusing.

1 comment:

Lexie said...

I so agree, why is it that they can quote movie after movie and song after song, but when it comes to a simple question like, "why are you in time out?" or "What is a better choice you could have made?" or my latest favorite, "will you say the prayer?" they can't seem to come up with an answer?