Thursday, September 04, 2008

3 Months


That's how long it took me to read this book, cover to cover.  I've read longer books before but it has NEVER taken me so long to get through a book.  EVER.  That's not because I didn't like this one.  I thought it was excellent and I'm so glad I read it.  But I'm not much of a non-fiction girl (although I have branched out quite a bit the past few years).  I also started the book just as we moved to Rochester.  With everything on my plate I've had very little time for reading - in fact never in my life have I spent LESS time reading.  Sad : (

This was my second attempt at reading this book (the first time I died out about 150 pages in) and I was determined to get through it this time.  I tried picking up where I'd left off but it had been about a year...so that didn't really work and I started over.

Anyways, I'm pretty proud of myself.  
And with me feeling everyday like I never get anything done I had to record this accomplishment, even if it was 3 months in the making.  

I also didn't want you to think I just never update my sidebar.
And don't worry Goodreads buddies, I'm still here

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

good for you! james has read this OVER & OVER...i've just read snippits here & there. Mr. Bushman came to speak at a fireside, so James of course went & got his book signed...nerdy or what? but super cool either way!