Thursday, October 07, 2010

5 Things

- Avery quit nursing on me. Cold turkey. I have been suffering the consequences for over a week now. And I do mean suffering.

- Paul mentioned to me the other night that he's working 90 hours this week. And I was surprised it was that much...it's amazing what you can get used to.

- I have gone 5 straight days now without yelling at my kids. Not once. That's a record around here. Think what you want, but I am taking pride in this small victory. And I'm keeping the streak going.

- I can't say Alex has appreciated my efforts much. The other day I heard her singing one of her made-up songs to herself in time-out. The main line was, "My mom is soooo mean to me..."

- I've started getting my eyebrows waxed. You know, for the sake of my marriage. (I'm a compulsive plucker and it drives Paul crazy.) It's one of my new favorite things.

8 comments:

mandy* said...

When Cohen was a baby, he quit nursing cold turkey, too. I was emotionally unprepared for it - let alone all of the physical crap that went with it. I think babies like to keep us on our toes, just because they can! :o)

Tiffany said...

lol, I can totally picture Alex sitting in a time out corner singing her made up song about how her mom is sooooo mean to her. hilarious.

JoAnna said...

Oh, how I've missed you.

I can't believe Avery quit cold turkey! That's weird because Sarah just did the same thing to me this week.

Ha!! (it's late)

Faye said...

I wish I was there to hear Alex's made up songs - no matter what she says - she cracks me up!

Shellie said...

Compulsive plucker? I never knew this about you!! You always keep me laughing. Miss you like crazy!!

Lexie said...

Sounds like great things (except silly Avery), that has got to be so painful. I love Alex's song, my girls would probably sing right along with her. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Haha! I love Alex's time out song, my girls (especially Katie) sing lots of songs like that too. I'm sorry that Avery quit nursing on you! That stinks. I hope it's better now!

Melissa said...

No yelling with Paul gone and engorged boobies? That IS impressive.