Monday, January 10, 2011

Is it really only 12:30pm??

This morning I got up at 6am in an attempt to beat my kids out of bed and get as much of the house cleaning done as possible, without them.

All I succeeded in doing was waking the whole house up early.
And cleaning my bathroom floor twice when Alex peed all over it right after it got cleaned.
Meanwhile Avery followed me around, throwing things (toy cars, her sippy cup) into the mop bucket.
Just don't tell my husband that I fed her marshmallows to keep her in the high chair long enough for me to mop the kitchen floor.

Points for the kids: a bajillion
Points for mom: none - any points I earned for cleaning are now null and void from all the screaming and bribing I did to get the cleaning done

The kids are winning, oh yes they are winning.
And beating me down.

5 comments:

JoAnna said...

"Beating me down."
I HEAR YA!!!!

carlyl said...

Sounds exactly like my day! March can't come fast enough!

[BrookeO] said...

Right there with ya!

Shellie said...

Cleaning with kids around is miserable! Hope your day got better :)

Sarah said...

Isn't that just how it goes?!! I hope that today is going a little better :) You are definitely not alone in that losing battle, though!