Sunday, December 16, 2007

California for Thanksgiving...ummm, make that Utah


This Thanksgiving was a special one for my family. My brother Tanner received his mission call a few days before and was waiting to open it on Thanksgiving, when my whole family was supposed to meet up in Palm Springs. 2 days before we were all supposed to leave my sister Michelle was in the hospital with what looked like pre-term labor. We were all panicking for about 24 hours but luckily, the doctors were able to stop her contractions. But this also meant bed rest for her until the baby comes. So, what did my parents do? Late Saturday night my parents are on the phone and on the internet cancelling resort reservations and changing flights from CA to UT. This was not an easy task. We were all scheduled to leave on Monday, a few days before Thanksgiving and we were coming from 5 different locations! It was a huge blessing that they were even able to pull this off and find flights for us all and hotel accomodations and, of course, reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. I have to say, I think my family is pretty cool. It turned out to be an amazing trip! Thanks mom and dad! And thanks family for being so cool! I miss you all already : )


2 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

I'm sorry you missed out on Palm Springs, but it looks like you still had a blast in UT! Love the stories and pictures!

Tiffany said...

Yeah, we are pretty cool...
Oh, and you're welcome