Monday, January 12, 2009

What we do

Snowed (iced would probably be more accurate) in
Paul in the ER taking care of all the slips, falls, and car accidents
Me and the kids breaking out some of our new favorite games
(I Can Do That! and Cariboo)


P.S.  I'm trying to make sure I'm actually in some of our pictures.  But looking at the picture above made me think...maybe I should save that camera timer for the days I actually get ready - you know, like do my hair and make-up?  Except, oh yeah, that doesn't happen very often anymore.  Rarely both on the same day anyways.  One of the things I love about living in MN
(not a lot of pressure to look perfect or in style) . 
And before you go feeling all sorry for my husband...
he prefers "the natural look" 
(i.e. no make-up and air-dried hair)
Really, he does!

9 comments:

Jade and Todd said...

oh my gosh Summer,
I think you always look good in pictures. Lucky you!

Sarah said...

You look better than I ever do! :) I still can't believe how long your hair is, it is gorgeous! And looks so cute with the wave to it, I am so jealous :) I've been trying to get in more pictures as well, it's amazing how little I am actually in. I guess someone has to take the pictures... the timer is genius. You are one smart mama :)

mandy* said...

Seattle lets me get away with not getting ready, too. I LOVE IT! All I have to do it throw on a beanie and my rainboots and I look like everyone else!

P.S. I can't wait until Cohen is old enough to play games. It looks like you guys are about to have some serious fun.

John said...

I'm glad Paul has switched to the "natural look" I always thought it was wierd he wore all that make-up.

Lexie said...

Wow, I agree wiht everyone else, you always look great! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and that Paul was off for that day and the day after. I've been feeling bad for you ever since you told me months ago he'd have to work Christmas. There is something magical about the day and you guys definitely deserved a Christmas Miracle. I love your descriptions and feel like I was there to watch Alex's excitement over her babydoll. Way to make the most of a two-day vacation! You guys are awesome. Hope the New Year continues to treat you well.

Anonymous said...

Summer~ I just read your post about Christmas! Where have I been!? We loved having Christmas day dinner with you guys too. It really could not have been more perfect. You are fabulous hosts! Also, if I looked like you when I'm 'all natural' I would never, ever be anything else! Seriously.

[BrookeO] said...

You always look like a million bucks!
K. Is your tree still up?

So glad you all love Cariboo!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe how long your hair is getting! The last time it was that long was seriousl junior high or something!!! I wish mine looked like that when I let it air dry!
Oh, and is that your christmas tree I see still up in the background of one of those pictures?? ;)

Melissa said...

Paul is turning into a tree-hugger. Tell him to limit his NPR time.