Noah Paul Gunn came into the world
(all 9 lbs 2 oz of him)
and joined our family.
It was the day after Thanksgiving that year too.
And, amazingly, this little baby
has grown into this boy
in just 5 short years.
Here are a few things about Noah at age 5 (and in no way a comprehensive list):
1. Loves Discovery Channel
2. Obsessed with sharks
3. Talks a lot and loves to tell (make up) stories
4. Asks lots of questions - wants to know how and why
5. Gets really excited about the little things in life
6. Loves to come and snuggle in my bed every morning before he eats breakfast or watches cartoons
7. Loves to be a helper
8. Has lots of energy, always going a million miles an hour
9. Very stubborn, everything has to be his idea or on his terms
10. Cannot entertain himself - follows me around the house all day
11. Always wants to win, be right, or go first
12. Loves to be busy. Wakes up every morning and says, "What are we doing today?"
13. Likes to be social, a lot less shy
14. Is usually an angel for other people (who then think I've got the easiest kid in the world)
15. Loves preschool, wishes it were everyday
16. Still a picky eater - doesn't like his foods to be mixed. Has made progress though and will now (sometimes) eat sandwiches
17. His emotions are always extreme: very happy, very upset, very sweet, very mean, very obedient, very naughty. There is no middle ground with him
18. Doesn't like change (at all) but always adjusts very quickly
19. Reminds me of his dad every single day
20. Says the funniest things and is so much fun to be around!
We're so grateful for Noah. For who he is, who he is still becoming, for what he teaches us, and what he brings to our lives.
I'm grateful to be his mommy.
Year 4 has been so much fun and I can't wait to see what age 5 brings
Happy Birthday Noah, we love you!