Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know this is a little late but I've been out of town (vacation post coming soon) and didn't want to skip blogging about our Valentine's Day.  The kids were really fun - I know, I've said this about every holiday this year, the kids are both at a great age.  We all swapped Valentine's Day cards and the kids both had a little gift/treat bag from mom and dad.  Paul gave me a box of chocolates so as soon as breakfast was over we were all enjoying our treats : )  

I took the kids to Noah's preschool Valentine's Day Party.  I think Alex was more excited than Noah - she wanted to follow all the big kids around and participate in all their games, it was so funny.  She loves to be included in Noah's preschool activities.  They both loved eating heart sandwiches for lunch, playing games, and decorating sugar cookies.  Noah loved giving and getting Valentine's from all his preschool friends, it was really cute!

Paul got home early that day and surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, which I love getting.  I was so excited!  Noah and Alex were excited too and kept touching and smelling them.  Noah took one whiff and said excitedly, "They smell like chicken nuggets!"  Well, I can assure you that my flowers DO NOT smell like chicken nuggets - Noah just loves chicken nuggets so much I think that was supposed to be a wonderful compliment!

I made a yummy dinner for Paul that night, which we enjoyed as a family, of course.  It's kind of a tradition now to have a family candlelit dinner and drink sparkling cider - the kids loved it!  Paul was just thrilled that I made dinner, period.  

After we got the kids to bed I surprised Paul with the rest of his gift.  I had rearranged the furniture in the living room so that we could watch a movie on our new imac - I even borrowed ottomans to make it feel more like a home theater.  However, there was a glitch in my plans.  I had planned to rent a movie from itunes, which I did...right before we were ready to watch it.  I had no idea (I know, I'm an idiot) that it would take about 2 hours to download!!!  I was so disappointed!  We were going to watch the movie "Waitress" which I've seen, and I'd even made a pie to go with the theme of the movie.  Luckily, it didn't actually take 2 hours to download - just a little over 1 hour.  So we did get to enjoy the movie and delicious Chocolate Angel Strata Pie in our "home theater" - we just had to stay up really late to do it!  

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day - ours was really fun!  

V-Day candy and a movie - what could be better?!?
Noah and Alex: Valentine's Day Sweethearts

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is hilarious that Noah said your flowers smelled like chicken nuggets, lol!

Unknown said...

So I realized that I really miss when you don't post every day or so :) I love hearing all the quotes and doings of Noah and Alex. They are so funny. I really did laugh out loud when I read the chicken nuggets comment. Now we just need to see you guys in person! Will you be in Utah at all this summer?