Friday, February 01, 2008

She looks innocent and sweet...


but looks can be deceiving.
Here are my recent interactions with Alex from her crib:

Monday morning
6:30am - Alex wakes up crying (she's been sick and waking me up all night long) so I go get her a drink of milk and wrap her back up in her blankets.

6:45am - Alex starts crying again.  I go in to her room again and she says, (in a bratty tone of voice, I might add) "I want daddy."  I said ok and went back to bed.  Paul was in the shower so she was just going to have to wait a few minutes.

6:50am - Alex is crying.  AGAIN.  I go in and try to pick her up and what do I get?  A slap in the face (literally) and a "GET DADDY!"  That's the kind of thanks a mother gets after being up all night with her sick child.  Whatever, at least I got to go back to bed : )

Thursday afternoon, after naptime
I went in to get Alex out of her crib and she didn't want to come out.  She was in a silly mood and I asked her what she was doing.  Her response was, "Ummm, taking a nap and pooping."  Ok.   

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

aww....but she looks so cute and sweet in that picture... : )

Carrie Anne said...

Little girls aren't really made of sugar and spice and everything nice, are they? I'm sorry...the hormones just get worse as they get older.:) She is darling, though.:)

Unknown said...

What's with the "I want daddy" thing kids have going on? It's MOM that takes care of them all day, changes gross diapers, cooks special foods for them, bandages them up when they fall down, and as stated gets up with them at all hours of the night? It's really not fair. Oh well. I do love seeing how much Jay adores and idolizes his dad.
Alex sure is a cute little girl. And it's a good thing kids are made so cute, isn't it? By the way I love the napping and pooping comment :D

John said...

I don't know how this little girl could get any cuter.