Sunday, September 16, 2007

Noah's first painting!


For preschool all the kids bring a backpack with certain items - scissors, glue stick, sitting mat, paint shirt. Noah has been most excited about the paint shirt. When I picked him up from his first day of preschool he told me all about it on the way home. Then he said, "But mom, we didn't paint!" His one dissapointment. Luckily his second day of preschool did entail a paint project. The mom who taught that day told me Noah was more excited than any of the other kids and wanted to go first (they were taking shifts). But then he realized that the teacher needed to trace his body onto the poster first - he flat out refused. So they traced another little boy for Noah and Noah still got to paint a picture of himself. He was so proud we went right home and hung it in his bedroom. When I asked him why he didn't want to get traced he said, "I thought it was pretty scary." I said, "That's not scary." Noah started giggling and admitted, "I was too shy!"
P.S. Notice that Noah is holding one leg of his shorts up. Remember that scraped knee he got on Labor Day, while I was running the 5K? Yep, that's it. It's been an ordeal for the past 2 weeks! He wants a band-aid on...now he wants it off but he screams and cries because it hurts to take it-off...he's re-opened the wound several times and caused it to bleed again which totally freaks him out...and, most importantly, he cannot STAND for any piece of clothing to touch band-aid or scab (he reminds me every time I help him dress/undress). So, yes, he's been walking around with his shorts held up for 2 weeks. There's hardly any scab left but he's obviously not going to stop until it's completely healed. What a weirdo - he always looks hilarious walking around in public with his shorts pulled up almost to his underwear, his white thigh exposed : )

No comments: